School Field Trips
Plan you field trip at Calgary's #1 rated corn maze and fun farm! You'll see the sights and hear the sounds of people laughing, learning and playing. Offering fun and educational field trips to students is a priority for us, especially since one of the maze founders is a teacher!
We host hundreds of CCSD, CBE, and Private Schools each year, and we are CBE approved!
Field Trips take place in the Spring (June) and Fall (September & October).
Schools are also welcome to book in for a fun day on Fridays and still receive the school rate. However we do not offer educational programs on these days as we are also open to the general public. Click here to book on a Friday.
Spring Field Trips
Dates: June 8, 14, 15, 21, 22 & 27
- Educational components:
- 1) Baby Farm Animals - Meet and learn about our adorable farm animal babies. Each child will also receive feed for the animals
- 2) Seeds and Plant Lifecycles - Children will receive corn seeds to plant at the maze or to take home (teacher's choice). They can label their corn plants to watch their very own corn mazes grow
- 3) Gemstone Mining (covers rocks and minerals). Gemstone mining is for grades 1 and up. Children can take their discovered gems home with them
- Access to our fun farm attractions including mini-golf, barnyard petting zoo, pig races, chicken show, mini mazes, pedal karts, jumping pillows, all farm playground activities (train playground, sand bin, calf roping, duck races, giant slides, etc.). Please note our corn mazes will not be available as they will be newly planted and actively growing
Fall Field Trips
Dates: Sept. 21, 27 & 28, and Oct. 3, 4, 5, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19
- Educational components for Field Trip Days
- 1) Gemstone Mining (covers rocks and minerals). Gemstone mining is for grades 1 and up. Children can take their discovered gems home with them
- 2) Picking your perfect pumpkin. Learn how pumpkins and plants grow. Each child will also receive a free mini pumpkin
- Access to a ton of attractions including the small corn maze (recommended for all ages), large corn maze (recommended for ages 9+), mini-golf, barnyard petting zoo, pig races, chicken show, mini mazes, pedal karts, jumping pillows, all farm playground activities (train playground, sand bin, calf roping, duck races, giant slides, etc.)
- Friendly Fire (for junior high/high school students only)
$9.50+gst per student. Teachers, chaperones (1:6 ratio) and bus drivers are free. Kindergarten classes receive a 1:4 ratio. Additional adults are $9.50+gst. Payment is due upon arrival on the day of your field trip
School groups are welcome to bring picnic lunches and snacks. We also have concessions with a large variety of food/snack items.
Where are we located?
The Calgary Corn Maze located on the southeast tip of Calgary, just east of the Stoney Trail/Highway 22X interchange.
Length of stay
We are open from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Field Trip days. Although groups spend an average of four hours with us, we recommend you choose your length of your stay based on the age and needs of your group.
On-line Learning Resources
Hands-on learning experiences are always best when students have been prepared for what they are about to encounter and are able to then discuss what they learned afterwards. We are pleased to offer the Classroom in the Corn learning series to make your field trip more exciting and memorable ... as well as a better learning experience.
Our Teacher Resource Guides are broken into separate grade ranges and each include: activity goals, preparation required, materials needed, worksheets, and step-by-step instructions.
Click here to view a Resource Guide sample.
Click here to book your field trip. Once your booking is complete you will be referred to a link in which you can access our online learning resources.